Terms and Conditions
Boulder County's Bike-n-Ride Shelters and authorized access are subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
Boulder County Transportation
1. Boulder County is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged property within the shelters or secured to the outside of the shelters.
2. While access to the shelters is restricted to other authorized users, Boulder County cannot guarantee against illegal entry.
3. Shelters may default to an unlocked position during certain technical failures, which both allows authorized users to access their bicycles, but may also allow unauthorized entry. Boulder County shall take all reasonable steps to prevent such technical failures.
4. Bicycles and bicycle accessories should not be left unlocked within the shelters. Bicycle should be secured to racks within the shelters; locking the frame and two wheels is recommended.
5. In the event of theft local police should be contacted before notifying Boulder County Transportation.
6. Issued key cards are to be used only by the authorized individual to which the key card was issued. Key cards are not transferable. Any individuals found sharing their card will have their shelter access revoked immediately.
7. Shelter access should not be provided to anyone other than the authorized key card holder (for example, shelter doors should not be held open as a form of courtesy). “Tailgating,” or entering the shelter once another authorized user has used their key card to open the door, is not permissible. Individuals must use their own key card to access the shelter. This is important both for security and data collection purposes.
8. The shelters are a shared space and are intended for regular commuters. For the shelters to function properly the bicycle parking spaces within the shelter must ‘turn-over’. Users may park a bicycle for up to 30 days at a time in a shelter, after which period the bicycle must be moved outside the shelter for at least 1 day before returning. When the bicycle is again parked in the shelter, it must be locked to a different rack. Bicycles in violation of this policy may be tagged and removed by Boulder County.
9. Authorized users may park only one bicycle within each shelter for which they have been granted access.
10. The shelters are reserved for the storage of bicycles, bike trailers, tricycles and e-bikes by regular commuters and users. Mopeds and motorcycles, regardless of electric or gasoline propulsion, are prohibited and will be removed if found within the shelters.
11. Users are expected to keep the shelter clean and free of trash. Authorized users may store bicycle accessories only as long as these items do not interfere with others using the shelter.
12. Boulder County has the right to remove any personal property deemed abandoned, a security risk or found to be interfering with the regular use of the shelter.
13. Boulder County will monitor individual use of the shelters through key card access reports, spot checks and other methods. Key card holders not using the shelters as intended may have their access revoked.
14. Lost or stolen cards should be reported immediately to Boulder County Transportation so they can be deactivated and prevent unauthorized entry.
15. Problems accessing the shelter or other technical problems should be reported immediately to Boulder County Transportation. Boulder County will respond as quickly as possible.
16. Boulder County Transportation will conduct periodic, anonymous user surveys. To maintain authorized access to the shelters users must respond to the surveys. Information collected is important for the long-term funding and expansion of the program.
17. Authorized users must keep their application data up-to-date with Boulder County Transportation. If any contact information changes Boulder County Transportation should be contacted to update the information. The inability of County staff to contact authorized users could result in shelter access being revoked.
18. Boulder County has the right to terminate an individual’s access to any shelter at any time, in its sole discretion.
19. These terms and conditions may change without notice. Users are encouraged to refer back regularly to review any changes.