Terms and Conditions
1. Boulder County is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged property within any Boulder County shelters or secured to the outside of the shelters.
2. While access to the shelters is restricted to authorized users, Boulder County cannot guarantee against illegal entry.
3. Shelters may default to an unlocked position during certain technical failures, which allows authorized users to access their bicycles, but may also allow unauthorized entry. Boulder County shall take all reasonable steps to prevent such technical failures.
4. Bicycles and bicycle accessories should not be left unlocked within the shelters. Bicycles should be secured to racks within the shelters; locking the frame and two wheels is recommended.
5. Shelters are for the storage of operable bicycles and bicycle accessories only. Storing any other personal items including large bags, backpacks or suitcases is not allowed. Personal items will be removed and disposed of immediately and will result in termination of an individual’s access to any shelter.
6. In the event of theft, local police should be contacted before notifying Boulder County Transportation.
7. Issued key cards are not transferable and are to be used only by the authorized individual to whom the key card was issued. Any individuals found sharing their cards will have their shelter access revoked immediately.
8. Shelter access should not be provided to anyone other than the authorized key card holder (for example, shelter doors should not be held open as a form of courtesy). “Tailgating,” or entering the shelter once another authorized user has opened the door is not permissible. Individuals must use their own key cards to access the shelter.
9. Users may park a bicycle and bicycle accessories for up to 30 days at a time in a shelter, after which period the bicycle must be moved outside the shelter for at least one full and contiguous week before returning. When the bicycle is again parked in the shelter, it must be locked to a different rack. Bicycles and bicycle accessories in violation of this policy may be tagged with an abandoned property notice. From the moment the property has been tagged as abandoned, the owner of the bicycle shall have 30 days to remove the tagged property from the shelter. The owner of the bicycle must remove the tagged bicycle from the shelter for a minimum period of one full and contiguous week and then return it to a different rack. Bicycles and bicycle accessories in violation will be disposed of by Boulder County.
10. Authorized users may park only one operable bicycle and may take up only one bicycle parking space within each shelter for which they have been granted access.
11. The shelters are reserved for the storage of operable bicycles, bike trailers, tricycles, and e-bikes by regular commuters and users. Mopeds and motorcycles, regardless of electric or gasoline propulsion, are prohibited and will be removed if found within the shelters.
12. Authorized users may store bicycle accessories only as long as these items do not interfere with others using the shelter. The county reserves the right to immediately dispose of any items interfering with the regular use of the shelter or deemed a suspicious package or a security risk.
13. Key card holders not using the shelters as intended may have their access revoked.
14. Lost or stolen cards should be reported immediately to Boulder County Transportation so they can be deactivated and prevent unauthorized entry.
15. Problems accessing the shelter or other technical problems should be reported immediately to Boulder County Transportation. Boulder County will respond as quickly as reasonably possible.
16. Authorized users must keep their application data up-to-date with Boulder County Transportation. If any contact information changes, Boulder County Transportation should be contacted to update the information. The inability of County staff to contact authorized users could result in shelter access being revoked.
17. Boulder County has the right to terminate an individual’s access to any shelter at any time, in its sole discretion.
18. These terms and conditions may change without individual notice to all users. Changes in the terms and conditions will be posted at https://www.bouldercounty.org/transportation/multi-modal/bike-n-ride/ Users are encouraged to refer back regularly to review any changes.